Gumdale is a small suburb in terms of population, with a mix of acreage properties and suburban homes, well-positioned near the bay to catch the breezes, close to quality schools, parks and a short drive to Westfield Carindale shopping mall. The Gateway Arterial is also nearby, providing ready access to the north and south coasts, and the airport for business travellers and visitors.
Recent development of land in the area has seen the population increase and the availability of homes of a recent age and design for first home buyers through to higher end property buyers.
The suburb is predominantly professional families, with the most predominant age group being 10-19 years. Mortgage repayments are primarily $3-$4,000 per month. A high proportion of homes, 87%, are owned outright (2016).
In May 2018 the median sale price of houses in the suburb was $958,000, which is skewed by the land sales.
Last year there were 42 homes and 39 blocks of land sold in Gumdale.
Locational Features & Facilities
- Gumdale State School catchment
- Handy to the New Cleveland Rd commuter bus stop ± 25 minutes to the city.
- Mossvale Community Parklands, Wakerley Park, Minippi Parklands
- Manly Marina, Bayside cafe precinct and parklands
- Moreton Bay Girls/Boys College
- Brisbane Bayside College
- Iona College
- Short drive to Manly/Lota train stations
- Gateway Arterial to Airport and Coasts
- Chandler Sporting Centre
- Sam Riley and Aquatic Achievers Swim Schools
- Westfield Carindale Shopping Centre
- Wynnum Plaza Shopping Centre
- Mayfair and Eastside Village Shopping
- Capalaba and Wynnum Business Precincts
- Child Care Centres
- Pacific Golf Club, Wynnum Golf Club
- Bay breezes
The information below is courtesy of CoreLogic.