Manly West is an established suburb in the east of Brisbane, well-positioned near the bay to catch the breezes, close to quality schools, parks and a short drive to Westfield Carindale shopping mall. The Gateway Arterial is also nearby, providing ready access to the north and south coasts, and the airport for business travellers and visitors.
The population of Manly West grew 11% between 2006 and 2011. The suburb is predominantly couples with children, with the most common age group being children aged 0-14 years.
In 2011, 70.4% of the homes in Manly West were owner-occupied. At the end of 2015 the median sale price of houses in the area was $575,000. Capital growth of homes in the suburb has been 3.8% in the past year. In 2015 there were 234 properties sold in Manly West.
The Mayfair on Manly Estate at the top of the hill in Manly West is a prestige pocket which enjoys large allotments, quality homes and bay breezes that make the location popular with families wanting a quality lifestyle. It is particularly attractive for families with children at the Moreton Bay Colleges.
- Handy to the Manly Rd commuter bus stop – 25 minutes to the city.
- Mossvale Community Parklands, Wakerley Park, Minippi Parklands
- Manly Marina, Bayside cafe precinct and parklands
- Moreton Bay Girls/Boys College
- Wondall Heights SS catchment
- Brisbane Bayside College
- Iona College, Agnew School
- Short drive to Manly/Lota train stations
- Gateway Arterial to Airport and Coasts
- Chandler Sporting Centre
- Sam Riley and Aquatic Achievers Swim Schools
- Westfield Carindale Shopping Centre
- Wynnum Plaza Shopping Centre
- Mayfair Shopping Centre
- Capalaba and Wynnum Business Precincts
- Child Care Centres
- Pacific Golf Club, Wynnum Golf Club
- Wellington Point Recreation Area
- Bay breezes