Manly is 17 Km from Brisbane CBD the eastern most bayside suburb of Brisbane City, a small suburb by area that is popular with boating families and couples without children. It has a higher proportion of persons over 40 years of age, professional workers and university educated persons than the Queensland average.
The suburb is set on a hillside overlooking Moreton Bay, with a sheltered harbour featuring one of the largest marinas in Queensland and an Esplanade that is popular for dog walking and cycling. Many properties enjoy spectacular views, and all enjoy the bay breezes that attract kite surfing and sailboating.
The area is served by a commuter rail service, and is near to quality schools including Moreton Bay College. Manly is also a hub of restaurants and cafes and regular markets. The Gateway Arterial is also close, providing ready access to the north and south coasts, and the airport for business travellers and visitors.
In 2011, 67% of the homes in Manly were owner-occupied. At the end of 2018 the median sale price of houses in the area was $780,000. Capital growth of homes in the suburb has been 35.6% in the past five years, much higher than most other Brisbane suburbs. In 2016 there were 74 properties sold in Manly.
• Handy to the Manly Rd commuter rail and bus.
• Manly Boating Harbour and Marina
• Cafe precinct and restaurants
• Esplanade Walk & Parklands
• Moreton Bay Girls/Boys College
• Manly Primary School
• Wynnum State High
• Iona College, Agnew School
• Darling Point Special School
• Royal Qld Yacht Squadron
• Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club
• East Coast Boat Club
• Wynnum Manly Yacht Club
• Gateway Arterial to Airport and Coasts
• Tidal swimming pool
• BBQ Areas and Children’s playgrounds
• Manly Public Swimming Pool
• Manly Harbour Village Shopping Centre
• Village Markets
• Bay breezes